Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri April 10, 2009
Two killed in Michigan community college shooting
Dearborn, MI – Dearborn, MI (AP)
Police say two people have been killed in what they believe was a murder-suicide at a community college in Dearborn.
Deputy Police Chief Gregg Brighton says Henry Ford Community College was locked down in the early Friday afternoon shortly after a 911 call came in of shots fired.
Officers responded after 12:30 p.m., set up a perimeter around the fine arts building and as officers entered they heard another gunshot.
Brighton says police then discovered the bodies of a man and a woman in a room. He says he didn't think it was being used at the time.
The lockdown since has been lifted.