Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
Fri November 11, 2011
Turn It Up: 11-11-11 Is Here And Folks Are Overly Excited
Originally published on Fri November 11, 2011 8:00 am
There's so much that can be said about this day's date.
The arrival of Nov. 11, 2011, or 11-11-11, brings with it:
-- "Nigel Tufnel Day." Spinal Tap fans know: 11 is "one louder."
-- All Songs Considered's 11 songs you can turn up to 11.
-- "National Metal Day," because it's "the heaviest day of the century."
-- Word that Asians who think the day's lucky are getting married.
-- Preparations in Sin City (Las Vegas) for "an onslaught of weddings."
-- A celebration of corduroy, because the date resembles that ribbed fabric.
-- Closing of the largest Giza pyramid, to prevent any ceremonies there.
-- Stories about what it means. Hint: not much, but speculation's fun.
-- Ridiculous attempts by bloggers to shape posts to fit the numbers.