Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu September 24, 2009
Tigers send Indians to 10th straight loss, 11-3
CLEVELAND – Carlos Guillen hit two of Detroit's three home runs to help Rick Porcello and the Tigers defeat Cleveland 11-3 on Wednesday night, the Indians' season-high 10th straight loss.
Porcello (14-9) allowed one run and six hits over five innings as the Tigers won their third straight. Detroit entered play 2 1/2 games ahead of Minnesota in the AL Central. The Twins open a four-game series in Detroit on Monday.
Guillen tied a season high with four RBIs. He hit a two-run homer in the third off right-hander Justin Masterson (4-9) and connected on the second pitch from left-hander Mike Gosling to make it 9-1 in the fifth. It was the fourth time in his career the switch-hitter went deep from both sides and was his seventh
multihomer game overall.