Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri September 18, 2009
Tigers lose to Royals again
DETROIT – Zack Greinke boosted his Cy Young credentials and stalled the Detroit Tigers.
Greinke lowered his major league-leading ERA to 2.14 with five scoreless innings Thursday in the Kansas City Royals' 9-2 victory.
Greinke (14-8) allowed three hits, struck out eight and walked two. He has allowed only one earned run in his past four starts, lowering his ERA from 2.43.
Kansas City, an AL-worst 59-87, has won six of its last seven games against the Tigers (78-68), whose AL Central lead over second-place Minnesota (74-72) was cut to four games. Detroit starts a three-game series at the Metrodome on Friday.