Most Active Stories
- Off the Record | September 12, 2014 | #4412
- Land campaign ducks MSU student debate request
- Michigan officials fight proposed Lake Huron nuke waste storage
- MSU student builds support for new intern protections
- At divided Friendship Baptist Church, one congregation seeks to end other's right to convene
Wed September 8, 2010
Tigers end White Sox winning streak
DETROIT – Justin Verlander allowed five hits over seven innings and the Detroit Tigers ended the Chicago White Sox's seven-game winning streak with a 9-1 rout Tuesday night.
Three players - White Sox starter Freddy Garcia (back), Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera (shoulder) and White Sox designated hitter Manny Ramirez (hand) - all left the game with injuries, while Chicago's Gordon Beckham (hand) was a late scratch from the lineup. Home plate umpire Angel Campos needed attention after being
hit by a foul tip in the eighth inning but stayed in the game.
Verlander (15-8) allowed one run and walked one while striking out seven.