Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Holiday events are coming up!
Fri November 16, 2012
Susi's Station Notes: We're Getting in the Spirit!
If you aren't already excited about the holidays, I'm certain this weekend will get you in the mood.
On Friday, we'll be broadcasting the Silver Bells in the City parade live on WKAR-TV. Michael Patrick Shiels, Mark Buzzitta and our own Melissa Nay will host. We'll have it all, from the first float to the last firework! That starts at 6 p.m., so if you are home, tune in and if you're at the parade, be sure to give a wave to the cameras.
Then on Sunday we'll add to the holiday cheer when we go to Sweetie-licious Bakery Cafe in DeWitt to record a special called "Taste of the Season." Linda Hundt (Sweetie herself!) decorates the shop with her own vintage flair. When we walked in earlier this week to record a promo, it was like entering the land of the Sugar Plum Fairy where everything was pretty, smelled great and tasted delicious!
(Sweetie-licious: A Taste of the Season will have lots of broadcast times in December — don't miss it!)
This weekend promises to be the official kick off of the holiday season for us! Welcome Home for the Holidays with WKAR.