Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Making New Friends at NETA!
Fri November 2, 2012
Susi's Station Notes: Learning and Sharing
This past week I’ve been at the National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA) meeting in St. Louis with several of my colleagues. We have had an inspiring week of workshops combined with thought provoking talks from PBS’ president Paula Kerger, Corporation for Public Broadcasting president Patricia Harrison and others.
Events like this fill us with inspiration as we learn from our colleagues in public broadcasting and share some of our own successes.
The sessions at NETA not only help us learn tools to help us work more efficiently but also help us learn ideas to help serve you better. This is particularly true in sessions about engaging our communities and expanding partnerships.
The PBS community is a generous one. We hope to bring home ideas that will help us make an impact here in mid-Michigan. And, we expect more than a few calls as we offer our insights and share our experiences to others.
We’d love to hear from you, too. Please let us know through your comments on this post or our Facebook pages what you think WKAR can do to serve you better.