Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Have a safe and beautiful holiday
Fri December 21, 2012
Susi's Station Notes: Holiday Wishes
I don't know about you but at this time of year it seems as though our senses are stretched in every direction. Beautiful trees and cheerfully wrapped gifts share the stage with crowds at the mall and the frenzy of writing cards or standing in post office lines.
Sometimes it is easy to forget that the holidays are really the time to hold our loved ones close and share moments with them that will be remembered long after the toys under the tree have been left behind.
Recent events drive this message home. While there is little we can do to ease the pain of others, one thing we can do is look to our own families, cherish those moments together and hold tight. While it is easy to think of this at the holidays, it is truly something we should remember each and every day.
To each and every one of you I send warm greetings from the Elkins family and from the WKAR family, too. We are grateful for the hours you share with us, whether it is watching WKAR or right here at the station volunteering in so many ways. We are also appreciate your support, which we recognize as a gift to the community as well.
Thank you and have a safe and beautiful holiday.