Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
PBS Annual Meeting
Fri May 10, 2013
Susi's Station Notes: Hitting the Road
Next week Gary Reid and I will be headed to the PBS Annual Meeting. We'll be connecting with public broadcasting colleagues from around the country in an event that combines previews up of the upcoming season with valuable discussions on the state of the media landscape, funding updates, a look at our digital future and the latest research on public broadcasting.
We'll attend many valuable learning sessions on education services, community engagement and fundraising. Sharing our ideas with our colleagues at other stations often sends us home with lots of new ideas and plenty of enthusiasm.
Ken Burns will be a keynote speaker and we'll hear about plans to celebrate Frontline's 30th year. And while hearing from program producers on the latest projects is exciting, it's also important for us to delve into the off-air things that make a PBS station a valued part of the community. We'll do it all!
I'll be posting periodically to the WKAR Public Media Facebook page, so if you don't already "like" is, join in! And I promise to have news about some of the most exciting new ventures in next week's post!