Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri November 30, 2012
Styrofoam Spaceship Splashes Down Without Video Victory
This week we brought you the story of Troy Hale, a filmmaker and media instructor at Michigan State University. He built a homemade weather balloon, minus the weather equipment. Hale worked with the National Weather Service in Pontiac to launch the balloon, which was equipped with digital cameras to record the journey. The balloon didn’t go as high as planned, but it traveled farther.
Unfortunately, Hale doesn’t have his sought-after video. He told WKAR’s Kevin Lavery about what happened.