Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon November 23, 2009
Stoudemire, Nash lead Suns past Pistons, 117-91
PHOENIX – Amare Stoudemire scored 21 points and Steve Nash added 20 for Phoenix, then sat out the fourth quarter to watch the Suns rout road-weary Detroit 117-91 Sunday night for the Pistons' fifth straight loss.
Nash made 7 of 8 shots and had nine assists. Jason Richardson scored 17 as the Suns (11-3), with six players in double figures, improved to 5-0 at home and tied Atlanta and Orlando for the best record in the young NBA season.
Charlie Villanueva and rookie DaJuan Summers each scored 13 for Detroit. Ben Gordon was in foul trouble and finished with 10 on 3-of-11 shooting.
The Pistons, who lost at Utah in overtime on Saturday night, finished off a winless four-game road trip.