Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri November 2, 2012
Steve Martin Brings The Steep Canyon Rangers To Wharton Center
Actor-comedian Steve Martin also plays the banjo. He’ll play with the Steep Canyon Rangers Sunday night at MSU.
The Steep Canyon Rangers is the group playing with Steve Martin at the Wharton Center this weekend. Their concert is at 7 p.m. Sunday. The actor-comedian has long included banjo playing in his act.
The album they recorded together, Rare Bird Alert, was nominated for a Best Bluegrass Album Grammy this year.
WKAR’s Scott Pohl talked with bassist Charles R. Humphrey III. He says they connected with Steve Martin through his wife, Anne Stringfield.