Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri September 4, 2009
Stafford still lacks finish in Lions 17-6 win
ORCHARD PARK, NY – Lions rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford closed the pre-season much like he opened it: by showing plenty of promise but little finish.
The same goes for the Buffalo Bills offense, which could certainly use a healthy Terrell Owens to help it find the end zone following a 17-6 loss to Detroit in each team's pre-season finale Thursday night.
Fullback Jerome Felton scored on a 1-yard plunge late in first half to open the scoring for the Lions (3-1). Tristan Davis then sealed the win with a 79-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter in a game in which the Lions had 249 yards rushing and 422 yards offense.
With NFL teams prepared to make their final cuts this weekend, Lions reserve cornerback Chris Roberson made a case to make the team with an interception and a fumble recovery.