Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
Around the Nation
Fri October 4, 2013
Squirrel Steals The Show At Golf Tournament
Originally published on Fri October 4, 2013 10:36 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with a new reason to yell four. Look out, Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods - Sammy is the biggest new star in pro golf. And he's a baby squirrel. Golfer Davis Love scooped up the lost critter at the President's Cup tournament yesterday, worried he'd get struck. By the end of the day, Sammy's cute face had stolen the spotlight and he was named the unofficial mascot for Team U.S.A.
So far, he has been good luck. The U.S. leads by one point. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.