Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri January 27, 2012
Spartan Stadium to get new video displays
By Scott Pohl, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI –
Michigan State University Trustees have approved a $10-million dollar project to upgrade scoreboards at Spartan Stadium.
The main video board at the south end of the stadium will be 5,400 square feet, about ten times the size of the existing scoreboard.
At the north end, two video boards will be in place. A video ribbon will link the two.
Deputy athletic director Greg Ianni says the new sound system will be a big improvement.
"The ability to control where the sound goes is enhanced," Ianni explains. "The quality of the sound is enhanced. There will be more bass in the sound."
Ianni expects the new videoboards and sound system to be installed before football season in the fall.