Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
It's All Politics
Wed March 28, 2012
Sign Of The (Wisconsin) Times: Gov. Scott Walker For President
There's a Republican presidential primary next Tuesday in Wisconsin. But as the accompanying photo taken by NPR political correspondent Don Gonyea in Delafield, Wisc. suggests, a lot of Wisconsinites have other political matters on their minds.
As Don writes in an e-mail:
"Note that the recall coming up on June is the big political story here. Not Tuesdays presidential primary."
This Bloomberg News story makes a similar point. The controversial Republican governor who angered Democrats and organized labor by enacting legislation that withdrew collective bargaining rights from public unions, is in a statistical dead heat according to a Marquette Law School poll with two potential Democratic opponents — Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and former Dane County executive Kathleen Falk.
Meanwhile, the same poll gave Mitt Romney a healthy lead over Rick Santorum ahead of the April 3 primary.