Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu April 26, 2012
Sheriff Wrigglesworth: Dead Animal Cleanup Now Sentencing Option
Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wrigglesworth is offering a way for people convicted of non-violent crimes to avoid time behind bars by cleaning up dead animals.
On Friday, Wrigglesworth is announcing the start of the Dead Animal Recovery Team, also known as DART. His office says in a statement that the team - equipped with its own trailer - will respond to remove dead animals from roadways in Ingham County.
Under the sheriff's plans, department officials and volunteers will oversee cleanup efforts. The program gives area judges another option at some sentencing hearings.