Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Wed April 25, 2012
Settlement Clears Path For Cross On Sunrise Rock
Back in 1934, veterans of World War I put up a memorial in the Mojave Desert, setting a cross on what's known as Sunrise Rock. Private citizens have always maintained the cross even though it was on federal land. But the memorial has sparked debate for years. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Park Service will give the property to Henry and Wanda Sandoz in exchange for land they own elsewhere.