Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
Tue May 7, 2013
With Senate Approval, Delaware Poised To Allow Gay Marriage
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 2:13 pm
The Delaware Senate passed a bill that would legalize same-sex marriages. Gov. Jack Markell said he would sign the bill, which means that the state is poised to become the 11th in the country to allow gay marriages.
The vote comes less than a week after Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee signed a similar measure into law.
Delawareonline.com reports that the bill passed 12-9, "receiving two more votes than were required for passage."