Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon September 24, 2012
Saved By The Bell
After a dull first half of 31 yards passing from Michigan State quarterback Andrew Maxwell, the Spartans came back to beat Eastern Michigan in a final score of 23-7. Michigan State struggled in the first half, scoring six points on two Dan Conroy field goals. Le'Veon Bell added a touchdown with 2:05 left in the game, in addition to his 253 yards rushing total on 36 touches. Dion Sims recorded a season-high six passes for 112 receiving yards, tacking on a touchdown as well. Andrew Maxwell finished the game completing 16-of-29 passes for 159 yards and one touchdown.
The Spartans now have their Big 10 opener against Ohio State next Saturday at Spartan Stadium.