Most Active Stories
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
Wed September 16, 2009
Royals rout division-leading Tigers 11-1
DETROIT – Alberto Callaspo, David DeJesus and Miguel Olivo all hit three-run homers, and the Kansas City Royals beat the Detroit Tigers 11-1 on Tuesday night.
The last-place Royals have beaten the AL Central-leading Tigers five straight times, four in the last eight days.
Robinson Tejada (3-1) beat the Tigers for the second time in less than a week, allowing one run and two hits in five innings.
Jarrod Washburn (9-9) allowed four runs in one inning - the shortest outing of his career. Washburn, who has been hampered by a sore left knee, is 1-3 with a 7.33 ERA in eight starts since being acquired from Seattle on July 31.