Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue June 9, 2009
Rested & ready to roll: Red Wings have eyes on Cup
DETROIT – DETROIT (AP) - Detroit Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood lounged on his day off, watching the Detroit Tigers, Tiger Woods and basketball when he wasn't taking a 2 1/2-hour nap.
Osgood and the Red Wings hope the much-needed break gives them a boost to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.
Wings coach Mike Babcock says he's pleased with what he saw from Pavel Datsyuk in his first practice since making his debut in finals after missing seven games with a foot injury.
Datsyuk assisted on the first goal of Game 5, had another assist and made other contributions to help Detroit beat the Penguins 5-0 to take a 3-2 lead in the series.