Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri September 18, 2009
Report: Lansing teachers will review new contract with LSD
By WKAR / LSJ
LANSING, MI – Lansing teachers will reportedly start reviewing a new tentative contract this weekend. The Lansing State Journal reports a tentative agreement was reached earlier this week. Teachers are scheduled to review it Sunday and Tuesday at Everett High School.
According to the report, Lansing Schools Education Association President Jerry Swartz says the deal "reflects the current economic climate." He did not disclose any details of the agreement, but said both sides "worked hard to make sure the district was stable."
The LSEA represents about 11-hundred teachers in the Lansing School District. The union's most recent contract expired in July. Voting will begin next Wednesday.