Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu June 4, 2009
Red Wings to play Draper, encouraged by Datsyuk's practice
PITTSBURGH (AP) – PITTSBURGH (AP) - Detroit Red Wings Red Wings coach Mike Babcock says forward Kris Draper is well enough to play in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals tonight.
The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the visiting Wings 4-2 Tuesday night, cutting Detroit's series lead to 2-1.
Another injured Detroit player is doing better as well.
Pavel Datsyuk practiced with the defending champions, and general manager Ken Holland says Datsyuk "looked good."
Holland says Datsyuk's status will be determined after this morning's skate.
Holland says Datsyuk will be healthy enough to play at some point in the Cup finals if he isn't cleared to play in Game 4.