Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue August 28, 2012
Pridgeon, Former Michigan Ag Director and MSU Trustee, Dies
Dean Pridgeon, a former director of the Michigan Department of Agriculture who later served as a Michigan State University trustee, has died. He was 91.
Beams Funeral Home in Fremont, Ind., says Pridgeon died Saturday at Community Health Center of Branch County in the southern Michigan community of Coldwater.
Pridgeon was born in 1921 in Branch County. He was a farmer from 1939 until 2011.
The Lansing State Journal reports Pridgeon led the state Agriculture Department from 1978 until 1983, and was elected in 1984 to an eight-year term as MSU trustee.
Visitation is Tuesday at Beams Funeral Home in Fremont. A funeral service is 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial is planned in Michigan.