Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri September 4, 2009
Polanco leads Tigers past Indians
DETROIT – Placido Polanco hit a sacrifice fly in the 10th inning to give the Detroit Tigers a 4-3 victory over the Cleveland Indians on Thursday.
The Tigers completed a three-game sweep and increased their lead in the AL Central to five games over the idle Twins.
Ryan Raburn led off the Detroit 10th with a double. Rafael Perez (4-3) then intentionally walked Miguel Cabrera and issued an unintentional free pass to Magglio Ordonez. Polanco followed with a fly ball to center and Raburn scored standing up.
Zach Miner (6-4) pitched 2 1-3 hitless innings to get the win for Detroit, which blew a 3-0 lead.