Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri June 12, 2009
Podsednik single in 9th lifts Chisox over Tigers
CHICAGO – Scott Podsednik hit an RBI single off Joel Zumaya with the bases loaded in the ninth inning, giving the Chicago White Sox a 4-3 rainy win over the visiting Detroit Tigers.
The start of the game was delayed nearly three hours by showers. The Tigers almost made it an even longer day when Curtis Granderson hit a tying, two-run homer off closer Bobby Jenks with two outs in the top of the ninth.
But the White Sox took advantage of Zumaya's throwing error - he slipped and threw wildly on a bunt - and loaded the bases with no outs. Podsednik singled past a diving second baseman Placido Polanco to win it.