Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue June 30, 2009
Pistons draftee Daye grew up watching 'Bad Boys'
AUBURN HILLS, MI – The Detroit Pistons have introduced their top draft pick, Austin Daye.
He and DaJuan Summers grew up watching Pistons Joe Dumars and Isiah Thomas on TV.
At the same time, Jonas Jerebko was in Sweden watching Nicklas Lidstrom and Tomas Holmstrom.
The trio now find themselves as teammates, the first of what is expected to be a wave of new Detroit Pistons.
Detroit took Daye with the 15th pick of the first round, then added Summers and Jerebko in the second.
Daye is the son of an NBA player, and the question isn't talent but size.
At 6-foot-11 and just 192 pounds, the Gonzaga forward has been compared to Detroit's current gangly star, Tayshaun Prince.