Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri December 11, 2009
Pistons beat Billups, Nuggets 101-99
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Charlie Villanueva scored 27 points, and Rodney Stuckey had 26 to help the banged-up Detroit Pistons hold on for a 101-99 victory over former teammate Chauncey Billups
and the Denver Nuggets on Thursday night.
Billups missed a layup in the final seconds, allowing the Pistons to run their winning streak to a season-best four games.
Carmelo Anthony scored 40 points for Denver, Billups had 21 and reserve J.R. Smith added 14. The Northwest Division-leading Nuggets have lost consecutive games for just the second time this season after winning four straight and eight of 10.
Detroit was without Richard Hamilton (right ankle), Ben Gordon (left ankle), Will Bynum (ankles) and Tayshaun Prince (back). Denver's Kenyon Martin (dislocated left pinkie) missed his second straight game.