Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri October 23, 2009
Pecherov helps Minnesota over Detroit Pistons in preseason
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Oleksiy Pecherov had 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 122-114 preseason victory over the Detroit Pistons on Thursday night.
Corey Brewer added 21 points for Minnesota (2-5) and Ryan Gomes scored 19. Rodney Stuckey led Detroit (3-4) with 25.
Both teams were missing key post players. Detroit had Ben Wallace (knee) and Kwame Brown (hand) on the bench, while Kevin Love (hand) and Al Jefferson (flu-like symptoms) were out for Minnesota.
Detroit led 64-61 after an offensive-minded first half. The Pistons shot 60 percent, while the Timberwolves were at 59 percent.
The Pistons expanded the lead to nine points, but several turnovers led to a 22-4 run by the Timberwolves, who led 93-85 at quarter's end.