Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon August 3, 2009
Pavano pitches Indians to 11-1 win over Tigers
CLEVELAND – Carl Pavano tossed eight sharp innings and the Cleveland Indians routed the Detroit Tigers 11-1 on Sunday to win their weekend series against the AL Central leaders.
Asdrubal Cabrera and Grady Sizemore each hit a two-run homer off Armando Galarraga (5-10) as Cleveland totaled 13 hits and won for the seventh time in 10 games.
Pavano (9-8) allowed one run and six hits to improve to 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA against the Tigers this season. The 33-year-old right-hander struck out four and walked one in his first win since a 5-4 victory at Detroit on July 11.
Galarraga dropped to 0-3 in five starts since defeating Oakland on June 30. The Tigers have lost five of seven overall.