Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue July 28, 2009
Ohio State picked tops in Big 10 pre-season poll
CHICAGO – Ohio State is the media's pre-season favorite to win the Big Ten title.
The Buckeyes boast 12 returning starters from last year's Fiesta Bowl team, which went 10-3 and tied Penn State at 7-1 in conference play. That includes pre-season Offensive Player of the Year Terrelle Pryor, who won eight of nine games as a starter. He was Ohio State's first true freshman to start at quarterback since
The Buckeyes have won or shared four straight conference titles.
Penn State, coming off its second conference title in four years, was picked second after going 11-2 and playing in the Rose Bowl. Michigan State was picked third.
Spartans linebacker Greg Jones was selected the pre-season Defensive Player of the Year after leading his team and finishing third in the conference with 127 tackles last season as the Spartans went 9-4.