Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon January 16, 2012
Officials want to move Michigan turbine project
ADRIAN, MI –
Officials with a project that had called for wind turbines in Lenawee County want to move it to Gratiot or Ionia counties.
The Daily Telegram of Adrian reports (http://bit.ly/ytTrih) Exelon Wind, one of the partners on the Blissfield Wind Energy LLC project, says it hasn't given up on prospects for Lenawee County.
It says it needs to build the turbines this year, however.
The change would need to be approved by the state.
The contract for the project involves CMS Energy Corp.'s Consumers Energy unit. The utility says the planned project in Riga, Palmyra and Ogden towships ran into significant opposition from area residents.