Most Active Stories
Thu December 22, 2011
Nonprofit hit by fire finds temporary space
LANSING, MI – LANSING, MI (AP) - A charitable organization in Lansing that was hit by a weekend fire at its thrift store and office has found temporary space.
The Lansing State Journal reports Thursday that St. Vincent de Paul will occupy two storefronts. Sunday's fire destroyed more than six months' worth of donated
clothing and possibly two months of donated furniture.
The store will open Monday to take in donations.
Authorities have said they believe the fire was accidental and started in a room used to store and refinish furniture.