Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu June 18, 2009
Nobody has caught more games than Ivan Rodriguez
ARLINGTON, TX – Ivan Rodriguez has caught his 2,227th game, more than any other major leaguer.
The former Detroit Tiger set the record last night against Texas. Now with the Houston Astros, Rodriguez tied Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk in Tuesday night's opener of an interleague series with the Rangers.
Rodriguez was 19 when Texas promoted him to the majors midway through the 1991 season. In 12 seasons with the Rangers, he won an AL MVP award, 10 Gold Gloves and was a 10-time All-Star.
Rodriguez won a World Series title with Florida in 2003 and joined Detroit the following year. He was a Tiger until being traded to the New York Yankees midway through last season.