Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon June 10, 2013
No Decisions Yet On The Most-Anticipated Supreme Court Cases
There's no big news again today from the U.S. Supreme Court — which is sort-of big news in itself because it means we're still waiting for the justices' decisions on these major cases:
-- Fisher v. University of Texas, a key test of affirmative action in higher education.
-- Shelby County v. Holder, in which the issue is whether times have changed and the 1965 Voting Rights Act should no longer apply to that Alabama county.
Those cases were not among the three decisions handed down by the court Monday. The next day on which decisions are due to be announced is Thursday.