Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue December 1, 2009
No. 9 Spartans, No. 10 Tar Heels meet Tuesday
UNDATED – Ninth-ranked Michigan State is finally getting its chance for some measure of revenge against North Carolina.
After a pair of lopsided losses to the Tar Heels last season - including in the national championship game - the Spartans travel to face 10th-ranked North Carolina on Tuesday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
The teams met in last year's Challenge, with the Tar Heels winning by 35 points at Ford Field in Detroit. They met again on the same court to end the season, with the Tar Heels taking an 89-72 win that put a damper on the Spartans' thrilling run through the NCAA tournament.
Michigan State coach Tom Izzo says he doesn't plan to use the title-game loss to motivate his team, though some of his players sound eager for another shot at the Tar Heels.