Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed November 18, 2009
No. 2 Michigan State rallies to beat Gonzaga 75-71
EAST LANSING, MI – Durrell Summers hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 3:02 left, made two at the line with 5.7 seconds to go and finished with 21 points to help No. 2 Michigan State rally
for a 75-71 win over Gonzaga on Tuesday night.
The Spartans (2-0) won their 41st straight game at home against a nonconference team, extending a streak that started after a lost to Duke on Dec. 3, 2003.
Robert Sacre matched a career high with 17 points for the Bulldogs (1-1) despite foul trouble. Gonzaga freshman Elias Harris scored 17, Matt Bouldin had 15 points and Steven Gray added 13.
Kalin Lucas made a layup with 39 seconds left to give Michigan State a three-point lead and finished with 19 points. Raymar Morgan scored 16 off the bench.