Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed September 30, 2009
MSU's Farm Lane reopens
By Kevin Lavery, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI – Drivers on the Michigan State University campus are back on Farm Lane, 18 months after the start of a major construction project. The improved road now features a railroad bridge, wider lanes and two pedestrian walkways.
Emergency crews say the new underpass will enhance their response time. And students like freshman Lauren Cetnor say it will speed up their daily routines too.
"I'm happy that it's open though, because now I can walk instead of taking the bus down Hagadorn; that's like 15 minutes long," she said. "And then I'm probably going to bike now too, now that it is open. It'll be quicker."
Some work still remains. Crews must install a permanent water pumping system along the road. There will also be intermittent lane and sidewalk closures in the near future.