Most Active Stories
- Sweetie-licious Slice of Life: A Farm to Table Gathering
- Book Review: for Banned Book Week, Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" | WKAR
- Governor Snyder Close To Supporting Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Edibles
- Ice Bridge: Mackinac Island's Hidden Season
- Off the Record | September 26, 2014 | #4414
Tue July 15, 2014
MSU study: Brand awareness linked to overweight kids
A recent Michigan State University study indicates that the more familiar young children are with the brand names of less healthy foods, the more likely they are to be overweight or obese. The study is interesting for several reasons, not the least of which is how you get a bunch of 3 to 5 year olds to express themselves on ideas like brand identification.
Current State’s Melissa Benmark speaks with Anna McAlister, an MSU assistant professor of advertising and public relations who was part of the research team on this study.
Lifestyle & Recreation