Most Active Stories
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
Fri January 1, 2010
MSU students compete in 'Red Carpet Green Design'
EAST LANSING, MI –
Design students at Michigan State University will be part of a national "Red Carpet Green Dress" competition to develop a high-fashion Hollywood runway outfit that
also promotes sustainability.
The contest is sponsored by actress Suzy Amis Cameron, wife of "Avatar" director James Cameron.
The contest's Web site says she'll pick the winning dress design and wear it "at one of Hollywood's largest film award celebrations" in early 2010.
The event is a fundraiser for Muse, an educational organization in Topanga Canyon, Calif., founded by Suzy Cameron and her sister Rebecca Amis.
Michigan State's participants are enrolled in the spring class "Special Topics: Innovative Approaches in Apparel Design."