Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri November 6, 2009
MSU student killed in hit-and-run after Red Wings game
DETROIT, MI – Police investigating the hit-and-run death of a Michigan State University student following a Detroit Red Wings hockey game plan to view surveillance video from downtown hotels and shops.
The Detroit Free Press reports Friday that the 19-year-old was leaving the game at Joe Louis Arena with friends late Thursday night when he was hit near Cobo Center.
Police say the student was dragged several blocks north to Michigan and Washington Boulevard when the car sped away. A homeless man told police the car may have been a white Cadillac.
The driver may not have known the student was beneath the vehicle.
Police say a large number of Michigan State students attended the game. Detroit defeated the San Jose Sharks 2-1.