Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
In Focus Today
Fri April 24, 2009
MSU receives largest anonymous gift in its 154-year history
By Scott Pohl, WKAR News
East Lansing, MI – East Lansing, MI (WKAR) - Michigan State University has received an anonymous gift of $10 million.
Of that total, $7 million will go to financial aid and scholarships. There will be a focus on female and minority students. The other $3 million comes with no strings attached.
Over a dozen universities have received anonymous donations totaling more than $60 million in recent weeks.
WKAR's Scott Pohl talked with MSU Vice President for University Advancement Robert Groves about the donation.