Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri April 24, 2009
MSU raises room and board
By Scott Pohl, WKAR Radio News
East Lansing, MI – East Lansing, MI (WKAR Radio)
Room and board will cost 5.25% more for Michigan State University students next year.
Trustees at MSU approved the rate hike on Friday.
A standard double room and board plan will cost $7,395, an increase of $369.
MSU Assistant vice president for housing and food services Vennie Gore says the university has been serving more food because improvements have been made to the meal plan.
University apartments will also cost 5.25% more next year.
MSU officials say the school's housing rates will be eighth-highest in the Big Ten.
Only three universities in Michigan will have lower housing rates.