Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
In Focus Today
Wed October 14, 2009
MSU-Dubai: Year Two
By Scott Pohl, WKAR
EAST LANSING, MI – Michigan State University's campus in Dubai is now in its second year of operation.
Once regarded as the most prosperous economy in the middle east, there's been a downturn in the United Arab Emirates...including Dubai.
WKAR's Scott Pohl spoke this week with Brendan Mullan, executive director of MSU-Dubai, during a return visit to East Lansing.
Mullan says in year two, applications were up by 40%, and admissions rose by 34%...to about 100 students.
He sees MSU-Dubai as being positioned to benefit from an expected economic turnaround.