Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu May 28, 2009
Michigan university partnership hires director
(Lansing, MI) – (Lansing, MI) - AP
An economic development partnership between Michigan's three major research universities has hired its first executive director.
Business development executive Jeff Mason will take over the University Research Corridor on July 6. His hiring was announced Thursday.
The University Research Corridor is a partnership between Michigan State University, the University of Michigan and Wayne State University.
Mason currently is senior vice president with the Michigan Economic Development Corp.
The University Research Corridor is aimed at using the universities' combined resources to help strengthen and diversify Michigan's economy.