Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri August 21, 2009
Michigan State, MAC teams announce football series
EAST LANSING, MI – Big Ten member Michigan State plans to play games at each of the Mid-American Conference's in-state programs.
The rare football road trips to Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan are part of a 12-game "Celebrate the State" series covering the 2011-2020 seasons announced Thursday.
The Spartans will play four games each against the MAC programs from Michigan. Most of the games will be in East Lansing but each MAC team will host the Spartans once.
Michigan State travels to Central in Mount Pleasant for the first time ever in 2012. The Spartans play at Western in 2015, the first visit to Kalamazoo since playing private Kalamazoo College in 1905.
Michigan State plays at Eastern in 2018 or 2020, which would be the first visit to Ypsilanti since 1899.