Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Sun December 6, 2009
Michigan State faces Texas Tech in Alamo Bowl
East Lansing, MI – A short-handed Michigan State team will head to the Alamo Bowl to play Texas Tech.
The bowl selection announced Sunday gives the Spartans (6-6) something to focus on other than off-the-field turmoil that has dominated the program since eight players were suspended and two were dismissed from the team for being present at a Nov. 22 fight with fraternity members in a campus residence hall.
Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio says those players will not make the trip for the Jan. 2 bowl in San Antonio.
Texas Tech (8-4) has one of the nation's best passing attacks. Michigan State has struggled with its pass defense this season.
The teams will be meeting for the first time.
Michigan State last went to the Alamo Bowl in 2003.