Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
Wed September 2, 2009
Michigan St. to start Cousins at QB in opener
EAST LANSING, MI – Michigan State has picked Kirk Cousins to start the season opener at quarterback Saturday against Montana State.
Coach Mark Dantonio said Tuesday that Keith Nichol also will see action at quarterback in the first half.
Dantonio appears comfortable with both QBs but said Cousins is getting the nod because he has more experience in the Michigan State system.
Cousins completed 32 of 43 passes for 310 yards last season as a backup to Brian Hoyer. Cousins was named one of the team's captains for this season.
Nichol transferred to Michigan State from Oklahoma after the 2007 season and sat out last season.
Dantonio also said three freshmen running backs will get the majority of snaps Saturday.