Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon April 27, 2009
Michigan reports possible swine flu case
By Kevin Lavery, WKAR News
Lansing, MI – Lansing, MI (WKAR) - Health officials in Michigan are keeping a close watch on a possible case of swine flu in the state.
The Michigan Department of Community Health says a Livingston County woman may have contracted the illness during a recent trip to the Texas-Mexico border area.
MDCH Chief Medical Executive Dr. Greg Holzman says it's important to stress that this single incident is only a probable case.
"There have been some probable cases that after further analysis have been ruled out," Holzman says. "So this is not a confirmed case. This individual is doing well, is at home and staying there."
A medical sample from the patient has been sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. Holzman say the results may come back as early as Tuesday.
Health officials are reminding people to wash their hands thoroughly as a precaution.